This last week we talked about journals and how important it is to keep a record of who you are and what you are all about so your children and your children's children know your story. It was soo way cool to encourage the YW at such a young age to keep a journal. I have just barely begun to journal fairly often. I have dabbled in it throughout the years but I usually don't keep with it but this time I am managing to do pretty well which takes care of the here and now and the happenings of today.....but what about yesteryear!!?? I have years to catch up on before i totally forget everything!!
I have decided to KIPE Madalyn's journal jar and take a slip out of it once a week and write about what is on the little paper. This way I will be writing a little more about past experiences...and heck knows I have plenty!!(i'm freakin old!!)
So I figured I would start today and I went into Madalyn's room to get her jar, thinking that it would be a cinch to just pull out a little slip and start writing...clearly I am gonna have to make my own!! It has questions like "what is your fave class", and" if you could own any car what would it be?"(I can totally answer that one by the way..a Denali!)
Anyway, I dug around the jar and hunted for one and this is what I found....
WHAT IS YOUR FAVE PIE,CAN YOU MAKE IT?HAVE YOU TRIED??
My favorite pie is Pecan. Every holiday when I was growing up my grandmother would have a "pie table" she would spend days before making all kinds of pies...chocolate cream(a close second),vanilla cream and pecan are the ones I can remember. Pecan was always the best!!
I can make Pecan pie, I use a family recipe that I got from my mother in law and it is fantastic!! I love it and I try to make it every holiday along w the others that my grandmother made in memory of her I guess.
So yea there you have it...my first journal jar entry!!
No comments:
Post a Comment