Soooo. My hottie sister who lives in a place other than where I live(hi Annabeth!!!)
called the other day, Monday to be exact to let me know of a challenge that her Seminary teacher had issued to them. She was challenged to fast from any type of media for the week leaking up to General Conference. This included cells,TV,Computer,radio....any type of media!!They wanted the kids to really gear up for the weekend so they would be very receptive to the speakers and the spirit. Annabeth did a really good job!! She had a really hard time doing this but she got sooo much done and today she was able to take 5 pages of notes. For the SATURDAY session even!!!!What a rock star!!!!
Sooo today, while I was listening to Elder Holland talk(my personal favorite!!) I thought to myself "self, you really need to try this challenge that Annabeth did, It would really help with your technology overload!"
Soooo this week I am going on a Media Fast, no Facebook, no poker, no Insant messanging, no NCIS,Bones,The Office and so on and so on....... I think this may be the hardest thing I have done in a while but I am hoping to accomplish alot and cut the "Technology cord "Of course I will still have my actual cell part of my blackberry so my kiddos can get in touch with me but other than that I am checking out!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment