Before I start this let me just reassure those of my fam and friends(present and future) that read this note that the week did end nicely..
Ok so Thursday was the day of appointments.. Tyler had a dentist appointment and then he and I had eye doctor appointments, so I was dressed and ready for the day and not driving the kids to school in my pajamas(you would think I have learned my lesson as it seems that I manage to get pulled over only on the days I do this!!) Anyway dropped the kids off and we headed to our appointments.
I have been totally blowing off my vision lately and haven't worn my contacts in years and since it is pretty dry up here my doctor wanted me to experiment with some new contacts. Well I haven't put anything in my eyes in about 2 years which means that I was NOT good at it!! I managed to smear mascara all over my eyelids which was then completely wiped off with a wet tissue which left nothing on my eyes and those of you who know me know that with no make up on I look like something that just got pulled out of a drain.
We left the doctors and headed to Johny J's( a way way yummy fifties diner that Tyler has never been to) I put some mascara on in the car and was able to redeem my face a little bit but was still dreading running into anyone for fear of causing a public panic!!(yes I saw you and Lorraine Wendy, but there was no way I was gonna subject you to my humiliation) Well I ate wayyyyy too much at this place so I went home and changed out of my clothes(jeans and a green sweater and my zebra shoes) and into my scrubs and the first T i pulled out which happened to have red Kool Aid stains all over it. I didn't care about this because I was gonna take a long winters nap........ which I did!!!
Ok have I painted a good enough picture for you???
Well I woke up from my nap and grabbed the 2 gallons of lemonade that I had to take to Tylers school for his track team dinner, put on my flip flops and headed out. I am the mom that hides behind the scenes and thrives there. I DO NOT help in the classroom,I DO NOT plan and execute any kind of dinner,lunch brunch or banquet WHATSOEVER!!! I will bring or make ANYTHING you want me to.. i will give rides...and I will write checks but I am not THAT MOM. So I slipped into the cafeteria planning to stealthily make an entrance and an exit before anyone saw me......
That plan backfired!!!!! The mom who was in charged walked in and said,"good we have plenty of servers, you go and do the noodles" What the WHAT???!!!
So there I was in the cafeteria surrounded by the FRONTLINE mom's in my scrubs and my stained -t with residually smeared make-up and a "just woke up face" serving pasta......mmmmm yea
so needless to say I trashed the T, and went shopping yesterday for a new outfit.....still wanna be the "behind the scenes mom" but, if for some reason I get put there..... I will be dressed and ready!!!
2 comments:
WHY is it that when you look your worst, you get caught? I am terrified to go anywhere around town looking really blah because that will be the day I run into a n old friend from HS or someone else I haven't seen in years! It's just the way it goes!
that's too funny. It always works out that way. Why does no one come over when the house is fabulous, or I have my best ever hair day!
Post a Comment