Wednesday, October 7, 2009

QUIET!!

This week was General Conference and we missed it! We were packing and unpacking. Plus there was no TV or internet hooked up at our new house. It was a total bummer. We finally got everything going and watched some of it tonight with the kids and a large pizza!(definitely gonna make the pizza thing a Saturday afternoon tradition!) We got through most of the first session from Saturday. The talks that I heard were great! They really have given me something to work on and that is QUIET. Lots of what I heard had to do with listening to the spirit. Mine is a crazy household We have so many things going on, so much outside noise whether it be from TV, ipod, computer, and so on that there is really no way have many quiet moments to listen for guidance from the spirit , ponder things of life and just be still. I really want to work on cultivating this environment in my house. I am thinking some new comPuter, cell phone, ipod, etc. rules need to be put in place so that we as a family can enjoy the QUIET and peace a little bit more. It may be tough at first, our farmville and farmtown crops may die and our texting buddies may wonder what the heck happened to us, but I know that it will strengthen us and our ability to know that still small voice a little better. It should be a very interesting change at our house!

2 comments:

Welcome said...

Don't you just LOVE conference! It give me a renewed strength to continue on and work on needed changes. What a great goal for your family. Luckily for me we are not there yet. I am glad we don't have ipods, texting, and stuff like that. The time will come soon enough though! I don't look forward to it!!

Nicolds6 said...

I totally love conference! Its a blast! One of these years I wanna go and actually be there when all this council is given, especially for my kids benefit! I am tellin ya having older kids is sooo much fun but it comes with sooo much more baggage than when they were younger!