Well Thanksgiving this year was held on Friday instead of Thursday this year because of Kelleys work schedule. It actually worked out quite well! We did black Friday shopping in the morning and Thanksgiving feast in the evening.
We had all the normal stuff.....with a little twist of course!!!
Turkey- Only found one bag of guts pre-bake and found the other one later after we ate!(this wouldn't be so bad because I know everyone does it once, but this is, I think the 3rd year for us)
Green Bean casserole- done with fresh green beans, who knew they were supposed to be cooked BEFORE they were supposed to be "casseroled".
4 pies- 1 pumpkin,1pecan(i think I single handedly ate the entire thing),1 chocolate cream, and one apple(this one was an afterthought and suffered 3rd degree burns so was not eated)
Megan, of course, does not eat a normal human being diet so she had a Thanksgiving 12 inch pizza. (Connor was not a huge fan, he felt this was totally unfair)
Kelley and I fought over what time the bird was gonna be ready(shocker I know!!) I was right by the way!!
Other than that the holiday was a success!!! We had a great time with eachother here all alone in Casper!! We watched some football, watched the Macy's Thanksgiving day parade, had Starbucks on black Friday while putting a significant dent in our Christmas shopping lists. I loved it!!!!!
2 comments:
I was about to call you and give you a VT check up. Sounds like you had a fun Thanksgiving! I didnt do the Black Friday thing. I will have to next year. You make it sound so fun! I think it helps get into the holiday spirit!
Happy Holidays!!
lol oh no no no i am here!! Just a slacker these days!! finally went to the doc about my insomnia because nothing was working. He fixed me right up. turns out it was the meds I was on. Anyway, you should come here next year and black friday with me!!!
Post a Comment