Thursday, December 31, 2009

2009.....Good bye my dear...not quite sure I"ll miss ya!!!!!

Well I wish I could say that 2009 was a great year and I am sad to see it pass but the truth is it pretty much sucked!!!! The reason I say "pretty much" and not "totally" is because it DID finish out on a good note. January 25,2009 started our catapult into suckishness with Kelley losing his job.

We had enjoyed some 14 years in copper mining with not much worry of unemployment and with the crash of the economy came the crash of the price of copper and the crash of Kelley's job!! This was not cool, as the entire country was feeling the same thing and other jobs were very very few. Luckily I was working and was able to supplement a little. We were on unemployment for a few months, we lost basically everything from house to vehicles, not fun at all!!!

We were comfy in Tucson, the kids were having a good time in school, we loved our neighborhood and we were close to family but those things cannot supplement an income which we had NONE!!!
 Kelley went to a job fair and was recruited by a company in Wyoming. This company was not copper, but coal which is much more stable than copper. After some discussion, prayer and sacrifice we decided that Wyoming would be "the place". Soooo we said our goodbyes and loaded up. This was mid 2009,

The "good finish"started in September when we got here to Casper and settled!!! What a fantastic place we are in! I freakin love this place. There is wildlife everywhere, our house is fantastic, we have a great ward,school, four seasons and tons of outdoor activities from lakes in the summer to hunting in the fall and skiing in the winter!!!
So though the year started out on a really really rotten note, we did end much better than we could have ever anticipated!!!

So without further adieu here is my top five list or crap and coolness for my 2009

Crap
Layoff
lost cars
left family&friends
uprooted our kids
gained 15 pounds


Coolness
moved to Casper Wyoming
Had our first white Christmas
Awesome much more stable job
way way good school for the kids
fnished 2 semesters of school!!!

I am thinking that we pretty much evened out the year as a whole but I have much greater hopes for 2010 and that is my next blog.....

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Even Nephi had to go thru the desert to get to the promised land. My grandpa told me something like that when life was rough and I say it to myself often. Some days there is an oasis. and some days all i can see is desert. Hangin on for the promised land!~