Ok so I have absolutely dreaded this post just because it soooo is a typical Christmas in our family. I have sworn that I will try really hard to "keep it real" on this blog so here goes......First of all let me say that Christmas Eve and Christmas Day were absolutely awesome so I expound on that in a minute.
The season itself started out great, the weather was crisp and cool( ok so 72 degrees, but in Tucson thats cool!!) We did our shopping and got most of it taken care of by about the fifteenth,thankfully because that is about when the bottom fell out!!! Most families have wonderful Christmas traditions that include caroling, baking and so on...... Well here in my family our traditions include but are not limited to drama and Emergency room visits. Now I thought that we were safe because of all our illnesses and crud that took place in late November, holy CRAP was I wrong!!!
The season itself started out great, the weather was crisp and cool( ok so 72 degrees, but in Tucson thats cool!!) We did our shopping and got most of it taken care of by about the fifteenth,thankfully because that is about when the bottom fell out!!! Most families have wonderful Christmas traditions that include caroling, baking and so on...... Well here in my family our traditions include but are not limited to drama and Emergency room visits. Now I thought that we were safe because of all our illnesses and crud that took place in late November, holy CRAP was I wrong!!!
About the tenth of December Kelley's company decided that "due to the recent economic downturn" they were going to cut their workforce by 5 percent. They missed Kelley by one person, but as a consolation prize they moved him to being a Supervisor on straight nights. Well anyone who knows me knows how much I hate night shifts. Not because I don't like sleeping alone,but because I hate knowing Kelley is in the other room sleeping while I am awake and want to play!! While we are way thankful that he HAS a job we are still bummed that he has to be on this shift for the time being.
Thought that was enough?????
On about the fourteenth of December I get a phone call from Kelley at around noon. He says he is having some chest pain. Well super long story, and a fire department visit later we ended up in the Emergency room for the next 7 hours.
Thought that was enough?????
On about the fourteenth of December I get a phone call from Kelley at around noon. He says he is having some chest pain. Well super long story, and a fire department visit later we ended up in the Emergency room for the next 7 hours.

The outcome?? Chronic Hypertention,Type II Diabetes andHypothyroidism.... Boy do I know how to pick em!!
We now have a slew of new meds and directions to enjoy for the new year.He has lost 12 pounds in the last 2 weeks which I think is way sexy!!!
But wait there's more!
!!!!!!!!
Three days before Christmas I get a phone call at 630 am. My father has been up all night with upper abdominal pain and my mother is frantically driving him to the emergency room. Diagnosis- Gallbladder-----Treatment- Emergency surgery. So a 3 day hospital stay later and we headed home to spend Christmas recovering in our PJ's. I am soo thankful I live here in the same town as my parents though! I was able to be the mom to them for a change.
Which brings us to Christmas itself. We had an absolute blast. We stayed home on Christmas eve, ate like champs and went to bed early. My kids were up at the crack of dawn to see what Santa had been able to find for them(Santa does not shop well last minute!!) He was actually very generous if I do say so myself. We lounged till about 1 and headed over to my moms for another celebration which was pretty slow moving because my dad was still trying to recover but we all scored!!!
So there you have it. If you made it all the way through this post congrats and Happy New Year!!
But wait there's more!
!!!!!!!!
Three days before Christmas I get a phone call at 630 am. My father has been up all night with upper abdominal pain and my mother is frantically driving him to the emergency room. Diagnosis- Gallbladder-----Treatment- Emergency surgery. So a 3 day hospital stay later and we headed home to spend Christmas recovering in our PJ's. I am soo thankful I live here in the same town as my parents though! I was able to be the mom to them for a change.Which brings us to Christmas itself. We had an absolute blast. We stayed home on Christmas eve, ate like champs and went to bed early. My kids were up at the crack of dawn to see what Santa had been able to find for them(Santa does not shop well last minute!!) He was actually very generous if I do say so myself. We lounged till about 1 and headed over to my moms for another celebration which was pretty slow moving because my dad was still trying to recover but we all scored!!!
So there you have it. If you made it all the way through this post congrats and Happy New Year!!
7 comments:
You poor thing! What is your stress level?? I hope you have a brighter 2009! You sound like you handled it well though. Hope things are on there way up.
Oh its totally fine!! I think the worst is over(knock on wood!) I have decided this how I function best.. by the seat of my pants!!!Miss you tons!!
We had bad colds going around our house over Christmas, but nothing like you guys! I hope the worst is over for you all!
DANG GINA! What the Hey! You're so crazy. Glad you're thru the thick of it!
Oh yea everythng is fine now. We have moved on to bigger and better things like report cards and New Years resolutions........by the way who the heck is Gina!!??
Wow, I didn't really know what Madalyn meant she said your Christmas traditions were trips to the ER. Was she every right! Sorry to hear about all the stuff going on with Kelley. That's a lot of diagnosis is one shot. Good luck on keeping all the meds straight. And I hope your dad is doing better now.
Also, thanks for your testimony on Sunday, it was awesome!
xoxox
Oh no she was totally serious!! Its just something we do. And we do it well if I do say so myself!!!
Post a Comment