Ok so.... Its 2009 and I have made my what I call my New Years Revolutions so I figured I would put them out there so everyone knows what my mind is up to these days.
Now at first glance you may say " whatever!! Just 2?? Thats super easy!!" .. but if you disect these two they can go on for days.
REvOLUTION # 1 ---- Be ready for the "pop in"
Now before I get into the meat of this revolution let me give you a little background. This past year my house was in a constant state of third world type turmoil(meaning it looked like it had been shaken like a snowglobe), as one of my best friends puts it I spent alot of time "resurrecting" the thing. When friends came over it was a gigantic embarrasment to even let them in the house!! To make matters a little worse Madalyn and Tyler are always griping about how uncool our house is compared to "everyone elses". I have to admit, I am sooo not the decorating type and our house has always looked like we just moved in a week ago and still haven't unpacked the house decorations. So my REVOLUTION is to be ready for when people just "pop in" unannounced by not only making sure there is not an eternal pile of laundry on my couch and it somewhat in order, but also working on the "looking cool" aspect of it. I just might have to call in the big guns(Melissa,Mary,Mom,be ready!!)
REVOLUTION #2-----Be ready for the picture!!(this will be a rough one)
During Christmas 2008 my mother put together this Christmas slide show type Christmas card to email to members of our family far away. Well she was able to find pictures of every single family member except me!! I do a wonderful job hiding from the camera, always have. I always find some excuse i.e " my hair isn't done, i don't have make up on, i look chubby, etc." so this year i am going to work on all those things so I will be ready when there is a camera around. I figure whoever is doing my family history work fifty years from now will appreciate this!! This includes not leaving my house without being "ready for the day", making sure I work out and eat right, and all those little things that go with taking care of myself.
Sooooo super long story short?? I resolve to take better care of my house and myself in 2009. Will it work??? Who knows, but at least I have a plan!!
HAPPY NEW YEAR 2009!!!!!!!!!!!!
3 comments:
Good for you! One of my resolutions is having a cleaner house too. I'm breaking it down into smaller monthly goals this time, so that hopefully I'll do better. This month I'm spending at least 5 min. everyday decluttering - and by that I mean purging. We have way too much crap and therefore too much mess. I wish both of us luck!
Excellent goals! I might just "pop" in sometime. :)
xpxpx
oops I meant to do the xoxox thing, not xpxpxp.
what's xpxpx anyway?
Post a Comment