Ok so I am FAT!!! Got your attention huh... hold on tight!! The gloves are off for this one!!
I have spent the last year stressing out about my weight and all the poundage I have put on in the last few years and I have finally decided to just deal with it...I have had 4 children, a buttload of stress in my life over the past few years and I have become quite the fan of GOOD FOOD!!
I keep telling myself that I will not take pictures of myself or buy new clothes because I am gonna lose this weight. To be completely honest the Shape magazine says that my "happy weight" is supposed to be 146 pounds and last week I weighed myself and I was 173... there you have it I am 20 pounds overweight. I have been sooo hard on myself about this the past few months... I have tried cutting out sugar(hate that!!didn't work), walking 5 miles a day(worked for a little while) the HCG diet(ugh! Did I mention I like food way too much!!)... I could go on and on about all the things I have tried but I won't.. ]
The bottom line is that I am 34 years old and on the overweight side and it is not going to bother me anymore. I am not saying that I am going to just give up the ghost and sit and eat pan after pan of enchiladas but it does mean that I am going to go out and buy myself a pair or 2 of relatively expensive size 12 shorts and a size Large shirt that is not on the clearance rack because I deserve to look nice NOW!! TODAY!!Gonna buy myself a good pair of jeans NOW!! Not when i finally have lost all my weight and am back in my clothes I wore in Junior High!!Never Gonna Happen!!
I did order the P90X program which I really do enjoy but I do not intend to follow their diet plan because It does not make me feel very good.. there is a reason there are carbs out there and I intend to eat them. I will work out because it makes my heart healthy, and because It does good for my brain and mental well being, but I am giving all my size 4's,6's and 8's to DI and bidding them good riddance.Those numbers are for another lifetime. If I do by some chance drop down to a size 10 I hope I do not notice because as of now now I plan of enjoying my life in my size 12's! I have sooo many other things I can be doing other than stressing about this crap!!!!
I will be partaking in the Pleated Poppy's "What I wore Wednesday", and I will be taking more pictures of my children with ME in them!!! Because I am tired of looking at photo albums without me in them!! Noone will know what I look like or that I even existed if I don't change this! And as of right now I am CHANGING THIS!!!!!
So there you go! Feel free to gasp about the fact that I put my weight out there and feel free to call one another and talk about how you can't believe how much weight I have gained and how I "Used to Look" I am going to go shopping now!!!(well tomorrow,today is Sunday and I don't shop on Sundays)
3 comments:
AWESOME Jen! I LOVED it!!!! It is so hard to realize sometimes that you are where you are and to just be happy with it. I am so loving this post and I think you are beautiful. Size 12 is my goal! So bask in the glory for me and buy those cute shorts! Thanks for a good uplifting post.
I wish I could get to that point. But I am 35 pounds over weight. But I am hard on myself, but I too like to each! Buy something fun today! Love you!!
Good for you. I think that's what we all have the trouble with the most. Loving Ourselves Unconditionally. I know I do. We are always the hardest on ourselves. You're amazing!
Post a Comment