No this blog is not about me!! I realize that it soooo could be, sorry to dissapoint, maybe next time though!!!
Anyway, GLEE is a big thing in our house these days. It is some amazing music from so many different genres that it keeps everyone in the family entertained. It also exposes us to songs that are not on the radio(Broadway,blues, oldies) which, I think is so good for the kids AND MYSELF!!
One of the episodes last season highlighted the song "Defying Gravity" from the Broadway musical "Wicked". The girls that sang it on the show did a great job!! This intrigued me....I have seen several pictures of friends who have gone to see the musical and heard great things about it that, when I heard this song on Glee I decided to check out what the hype is about.
Well, the musical is coming to Phoenix this summer while I am in Arizona so, as case in movie/book etequite, I bought the book so that I could compare it to the musical when my mother and I go see it.
PLAN A
I figured I would follow the rules...
1. read the book
2. see the play
3. love the play
4. buy the soundtrack
5. Obsess about how amazing the entire experience is!!!
Soooo I went to Target and bought the book, started it while I was waiting for the girls to get out of swim team. Came home and got dinner and happened to post on my Facebook that I bought the book well that didnt help my plan!!! Thanks LADIES!! Apparently it is a kinda freaky book which i fully intend to give a chance. BUT they also pointed out that the soundtrack is freakin amazing!!!And the musical is amazing!! Which made me change how I am going to experience "Wicked"
PLAN B
1. Already "itunes'd" the soundtrack(holy greatness!!!)
2. Still reading the book, not turned off yet, will let ya know
3. obsess about the soundtrack
4.obsess about the musical
5. see the musical and join the masses!!!
3 comments:
FUn! I have heard the musical is AWESOME! So I am jealous you get to go see it!
Oh my gosh you should totally come see it with us!!! It would be a blast!!
Hope your plan works. Have to say though, book sucks, play is fantastic. Mainly because it doesn't follow the book. Normally I am all about people forming their own opinion, but this one was just awful. Interesting to see what you think. (This is actually a comment from Ryan, Shannon's husband. Obviously this subject raises emotions in me that are hard to control.)
Post a Comment