Monday, November 17, 2008

My little baby boy

So my little Connor stayed home from school sick today. Nothing major, he just has the sniffles, and,since I know what teachers say to the nurse(hello..Me!!) about parents who should have kept their kids home, I decided to keep him home. I did have a pretty defining moment last night when we were deciding whether to keep him home. He came into the bedroom with his sniffles and climbed into my lap. It was then that I realized that he is so close to not fitting in my lap anymore. My little baby is almost a little boy!! I am at the end of my baby and small child season. It is totally bittersweet. On one hand the late night feedings, crazy diaper changes in the car and chasing babies through the hallways of church is gone. But, on the other hand, there is no more recliner time with sleeping infants or babies, no more blessing days, no more dressing them up in those tiny clothes. I remember being so stressed out during that time of my life and wishing it would pass so quickly. What a bad idea!!! I absolutely love that my kids are growing and my season is changing, what a doozy!! I am totally looking forward to what is to come, but holy cow, knowing that the baby time is gone is freaky wierd!!

No comments: