Monday, September 26, 2011

tons of business and a little whining...

I can't believe how much is going on here and how the school year is keeping  us moving! It has been non stop since the year started and I am so thankful for that because I think (judging by the days I DO have free) I would spend a lot of time on my hinee if it weren't for my kidlets!

Connor is 8 now! He is in Cub Sprouts!! I can't believe it! He will be getting baptized on the 8th of October! My last child! I can't believe how time has flown by!

Tyler is steady applying for college which makes me a basketcase all the time!  We will see what happens! I am soo thankful for all his teachers who have academically prepared him for all this ACT,SAT testing!! Talk about tough stuff!!!He is looking at going to school in the south so he has applied for Ole Miss and LSU but U of A is also among top contenders. Either way he is very ready to be done with high school!

Madalyn is....well, Madalyn. She has just gotten off the sidelines from a softball injury and is looking forward to getting back on the field. She is enjoying school and will be a handful for the next 3 years to say the least!  I got a call from her the other day wanting me to come pick her up. She slugged a guy in the jaw because he was making fun of her and swearing at her. She has no tolerance for meanies. I have bittersweet feelings about that. On the one hand I am glad she is able to take a stand against this, but, on the other hand, there are a LOT of meanies out there!!

Megan is really enjoying 8th grade! She is in the Art Club and she is a WEB leader. Which is kind of like a mentor for the little 6th graders. She still plays the violin and this year she is even bringing it home so she can practice each night!! I think the best thing about Megan this year is that she has been getting up on her own!!!! yay!!! O how I love not having to go downstairs to wake her up every morning!!!


Anyway so that is what is going on with school and the kiddos.... now that I am at the end of all that cool stuff I just wrote about I guess I will save my whining for another day!!

No comments: