Monday, January 17, 2011

The "EVENT"

uh no not the TV show!! Can you say stupid!! I would much rather watch Annie and Jimmy chase fugitives!!!

Ok so new year new me right??? My mantra each and every year!! Most often fizzles around March, but hey it is the thought that counts right?? Anyway, my friend Missy and I have been pretend workout partners for about 4 months now(pretend means just what you think it means, we are always "gonna go" but LIFE happens so we only make it about 30 percent of the time. ...

CUT TO 2011... we decided that we were going to change our lifestyle, not just necessarily to lose weight, but more so we can take better care of our bodies. Don't get me wrong we really really wanna lose weight too!!
So anyway, we decided we were gonna actually sit down and come up with a plan. So I went over to her house and with the help of her monkey..i mean Izzy we set up a plan, a calendar(both weekly and monthly) and a point system. Lemme tell ya it is the BEST!!! So on my way out the door I turned my head and said" you should make an Event on Facebook to see if anyone else wants to join in".... HOLY HANNA!!!! We have,at last count, 26 people taking part in this and IT IS A BLAST!!!!! We have a blog hooked up to it where we do little diddy's on different things having to do with the Event(we don't want to use the term diet, that implies something temporary) I have lost 5 pounds this week and found sooo way much energy!!! 
I also have come to realize the days of early morning workouts are gone, I smooched them goodbye last week when my gym went 24 hours!  I have embraced my inner Vampire and have done fabulous in keeping with my goal of working out 6 days a week, some nights it is p90x in the basement, others it is the treadmill at the gym. Either way I am loving the heck out of this routine!!! Nothing gets done before 8pm and I am sleeping better too! I usually fall asleep between 10 and midnight anyway so I figure why not embrace that and get something productive done! All thanks to the Event!!(because I get a point each day I work out!!)

3 comments:

Welcome said...

ok fine, now you make it sound exciting. I am ready to loose weight now! I am going to facebook right now and check it out!! :)

Missy said...

I like that you call it the EVENT. I have been trying to think of something better then "diet" or "lifestyle change". You are awesome. I am glad we are now realy work out buddies instead of pretends.

Melissa said...

very cool